Can't get it working...

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:00 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the search form fields to show up no matter what I do. I'm using the standard templates, but no go.
Oct 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM
Yeah from what I saw you post on my blog the templates were finding & replacing the $rootnamespace$ text correctly. 
For example:
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Text_Contains.ascx.cs" Inherits="$rootnamespace$.Text_Contains" %>
<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

Here that should say something like AdventureWorks.DynamicData.FilterTemplates.TextContains.  Were the tempaltes added to the project automatically when you dragged the control on?

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:06 PM
Yes, they were added. But what's odder is that the samples that came with the installer don't work for me, either. Hmmm...
Oct 2, 2008 at 9:37 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Let's start with the samples.  Did they compile?  Where there build errors?

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:30 PM
Josh, yes, they do compile and run, but I get the same behavior where there are no search fields generated. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the Dynamic Filter Repeater works. I'm thinking that you just annotate your classes and the search form controls should just appear. Well, I'm doing that and no search form... I'll post an example in a second...
Oct 3, 2008 at 8:09 PM
The only scaffolded page that has the Filters defined is the Product page.  This is because it is the only one with the Filter meta data annotated.
Oct 25, 2008 at 1:01 AM
Edited Oct 25, 2008 at 1:20 AM
Verify that your partial class has been annotated with the MetadataType attribute. For example:

[System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.MetadataType(typeof(StudentMetadata))]
    public partial class Product
    {

}

public class ProductMetadata
    {
        [Filter(FilterMode=FilterControlMode.Contains)]
        public string Name { get; set; }

}

I wasted 30 minutes with that oversight.