place the model in a different assembly

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Hi

I want to implement the filtering stuff, which is very cool!

I'm only having troubles with putting my EF model in a separate project. 

The metadata info is stored in a different assembly, so I'm curious whether or not this is even possible?! 

Any tips/help would be appreciated!

Regards, Jowen 

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Hi Jowen,

Dynamic Data Filtering uses the same meta model architecture that Dynamic Data uses.  If your attributes for Dynamic Data such as DisplayName, Required, Regex, etc... are working than the Filtering attributes should work as well. 

Are you using the EntityFramework? Dynamic Data Filtering only works with Linq To Sql.  I tried to implement a DynamicEntityDataSource, but there are certain methods that aren't exposed in the EntityDataSource which make it impossible to do, without rewritting a majority of the control.

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Josh,

Thanks for your reply. That explains a lot :)

Too bad it doesn't work for EF.

I can conclude correctly that you're not planning to support that (soon)?

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I looked into it, but it was going to be a lot of work.  Even if I had used tricks like private reflection, it still would have taken a signifigant effort.  The Dynamic Data Futures team is incorporating some of the concepts from my Filtering Framework.  I believe they may have this working for the EntityDataSource because they have access to the source. :) 

http://aspnet.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Dynamic%20Data

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Ok nice to know.  :)
I'll look more into it. 
Tnx for your efforts and keep up the good work!

regards, Jowen

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 8:08 PM, jheyse <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I looked into it, but it was going to be a lot of work.  Even if I had used tricks like private reflection, it still would have taken a signifigant effort.  The Dynamic Data Futures team is incorporating some of the concepts from my Filtering Framework.  I believe they may have this working for the EntityDataSource because they have access to the source. :) 

http://aspnet.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Dynamic%20Data

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DynamicDataFiltering@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DynamicDataFiltering@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com