Textbox, DDList and Boolfield together

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Hi Josh,
its a great tool, you developed.
I'am very happy to develop with dynamicdata, but I missed filtering (especially text search).
Now I try with Dynamic data filtering 1.10.
With DynamicFilterRepeater I get quick success .
With DynamicFilterForm its more universal, I try to bulit a composition of several Controls.
Some DDL-Colums from ForeynKey connected tables(showing the Name), some bool-Columns (built like with basic Filterrepeater) .
Then a manual DDL with 4 Items: containing, exactly, start with and ending with. The basic kind of searching in following Search-textboxes-Columns.
At the end of the row a button for Search an one for Clear.

If the Search-textboxes are empty the field is not included the search process. The DDL's must have in the top [All].
The basic installation of Dynamic Data with standard Filterrepeater I get the result at DDL's.

But if i try with your DynamicFilterForm, I get an error by ForeynKey based Fields although in GridView I can see the
data content foreign Table.
For BoolFields I get a Checkbox an no DDL. I t is not good to use, it has no [All] Position.

I think, the way is a combination between Standard and your tool?

It is possible to built this with your tool?
please give me a feedback signal.

best regards

Rudolf

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:29 PM
Hi, in meantime I had a little success.

I built a Text-Web-Control for Text-StartsWith, Text-EndsWith and Text_Equal.Like the Text_Contains.
Now Iam able to manage separate Textfields in PartialClass
<style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>

[UIHint("Text_StartsWith")]

public object Name { get; set; }

<style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>

[UIHint("Text_Contains")]

public object Author { get; set; }

[UIHint("Text_EndsWith")]

public object Info { get; set; }

and in DynamicFilterForm without Filtermode

<asp:DynamicFilterForm ID="DynamicFilterForm1" runat="server"  DataSourceID="GridDataSource">

<FilterTemplate>

<table>

<tr>

<td>Author:</td>

<td><asp:DynamicFilterControl ID="DynamicFilterControl1" runat="server" DataField="Author" ></asp:DynamicFilterControl></td>                                              

<td>FKVision:</td>

<td><asp:DynamicFilterControl ID="DynamicFilterControl2" runat="server" DataField="Vision" ></asp:DynamicFilterControl></td>                                              

<td>Name:</td>

<td><asp:DynamicFilterControl ID="DynamicFilterControl3" runat="server" DataField="Name" ></asp:DynamicFilterControl></td>                                              

<td>

<asp:LinkButton ID="SearchButton" runat="server" CommandName="Search" Text="Search"></asp:LinkButton>

<asp:LinkButton ID="ClearButton" runat="server" CommandName="Clear" Text="Clear"></asp:LinkButton>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</FilterTemplate>

</asp:DynamicFilterForm><br />

the problem with ForeignKey table I don't released with the ForeignKey(I have a GUID), but with the Foreign-table.

I don't understand. I do't know how it works with several ForeignKeys. I try.

<td>FKVision:</td>

<td><asp:DynamicFilterControl ID="DynamicFilterControl2" runat="server" DataField="Vision" ></asp:DynamicFilterControl></td>                                              

Now all Textboxes and the DDL with[All] in the top, works well with button Search and Clear.

The boolfield I cannot use, because I get a checkbox, but I need a DDL with [All], true, false,(like in basic Version).

I hope anyone has an Idea.

In the moment I can only set in PartialClass the way of searching in Textfields.

Better is the alternative way with a DDL in position before the Textbox, where I can choose(contains, StartsWith, ...).

Then it is flexibel.I hope anyone has an idea.

The filtering-Tool ist very cool.

Rudolf