using custom filter control in DynamicData site

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:29 PM
Hi Josh,
I'm looking to your amazing DynamicFilter for using it in an DynimicData website.
What I need to handle is to use some custom control I created, hooking them to specific columns of the metadata.
Taking your weight control as an example I figured out how to create my own custom filter control, but I don't understand how you can tell the engine to use that particular control to filter a specific column.
For example I need to use the weight control for colums "maximumWeight" of table "Lift".
Where do I write the code to let the engine know about that specific need?
I thought it was alla about attributes, but the only attributes I found in your DynamicFilter is Catalyst.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.Filter, that doesn't support any customization about what particular control needs to be used.
Can you give me some clue about how to solve it?
thanks in advance
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2009 at 5:17 PM
Hi,

What version of the Filtering Framwork are you using?  There should be a UIHint Property on the FilterAttribute which will allow this to work for the DynamicFilterRepeater.  Alternatively, if you are using the DynamicFilterForm you can specify the UIHint directly in the DynamicFilter web control like you would a DynamicControl in a FormView.

EDIT:

I just checked and the version which has this feature doesn't have a formal release, but you can get it from source.

Hoe this helps.

Apr 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Hi,
I'm using DynamicFilterRepeater and I just figured out that supports for UIHint exist in an unreleased version, but I'm not able to get it work.
I download the source and open the solution with VS2008 sp1, but it can't load the project "DynamicData".
I don't have a clue about the reason; it says  "The application for the project is not installed. This project will be labeled as unavailable in solution explorer." And so it is... but I don't know why.
What application does it need for this project?

Maybe you could do a formal release of this version?

Thanks
Apr 7, 2009 at 3:44 PM
ok ok, I made it works fine... I just to manually edit the .csproj file,  then I built the solution and now I have the new DLL to import in my project.
Fine

Thanks Josh, great work!